Solid Waste Management
HRP's consulting engineers have a long history of service to the solid waste industry. Our project experience includes landfill design and development, landfill monitoring and closure, and operational support. In addition to landfill projects, we have assisted our clients at resource recovery facilities, transfer stations, and volume reduction and recycling facilities.
HRP’s landfill engineering experience includes:
- Site hydrogeologic investigations and bedrock contouring
- Wetland delineation, ecological risk assessment and flood studies
- Preparation of sequencing and operational contingency plans
- Permit applications
- Preparation of mitigation and closure plans
Our experience at truck-to-truck and truck-to-rail transfer stations includes:
- Third-party audits of existing facilities
- Permit application preparation for new facilities
- Permit renewals
Our engineering consultants' work has included traffic studies, site planning, building siting and design, as well as the integration of solid waste activities into sites where significant non-waste activities are active.
An important component of solid waste facility permitting is public participation. HRP can provide you with public hearing testimony, address environmental equity issues, and respond appropriately to any public concerns to support your solid waste project.